Saturday, November 5, 2011

Can I perform a bodybuilder's workout to gain strength instead of gaining m?

Hi. I want to be a professional distance runner when I grow up. Distance runners are very skinny, but all muscle. However, I don't like having a skinny body. I got this bodybuilding program to gain strength while keeping my skinny body. It performs High Weight, Low Reps. The only way to gain m is to eat more than what you burn. So if I don't eat more than what I burned and continue eating the same amount of calories as I burn, then I can't gain muscle m. Also, with all the high mileage I perform, and my ectomorphic body, I can't possibly gain weight. The only problem with this, is that I am scared that it will hurt my running performance. Many of the exercises in the program are designed for strength-enhancement, not to improve running performance. I really want to see results in my running, but at the same time, I want muscular strength. Can I perform this program and see results in my running, or should I move to another program to gain what I need? Any you would prefer?Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment